The name of this organization shall be the world Recreation Educational association(WREA). The WREA was established as the korea life recreation association in 1989. The association was organized under the name of the World Recreation Exchange Committee in 2004 in seoul, and was renamed the world recreation Educational association in 2006. The WREA is a non-profit organization incorporated on the basis of World recreation Educational assciation.
1) Consolidate proper leisure values and create a healthy and bright games and recreation culture for people worldwide;
2) bring psychological stability through holistic education to create a well-rounded people;
3) Popularize recreation in the world and make it part of every life in order to improve their quality of life, maintain health and pursue happiness;
4) Publish texbooks and bulletins as well as develop programs or display research work on the internet for healthy recreation activities and leisure sports;
5) Train excellent leaders to spread appropriate and healthy recreation activities throughout the world;
6) Exchange traditional games and recreation between countries in order to contribute to solving cultural conflicts, enhancing friendships, and bringing world peace;
7) Hold leisure leadership, recreation and laughter leadership contests as well as international congresses for the development of world recreation;
8) Create a web site to share in one place information on world recreation and open a cyber(on-line) training center in order to educate leaders worldwide;
9) Maintain a system of cooperation by forming sister relations with world prominent organizations and related groups; and
10) Develop tools and educational programs for leisure, games, recreation and leisure sports to create jobs in the industry and contribute to the growth of the national and global economy.
MOU signing ceremony with Yanbian university, china
WREA president participating in the ICHPER.SD World congress(cairo)
Pose with the president and the general secretary of world leisure
Establishment ceremony of the wrea china chapter (beijing normal university zhuhai)
Appointment ceremony for the WREA honorary president and chief of committees
Awards appreciation plaque to former prime Minister
Un-chang chung and former minister of national defense tae-young kim.
WREA president Young-kee appointed as an international Adviser of the dalian city hiking association, china.
Establishment ceremony of the WREA vietnam
Chapter and MOU ceremony(hochimin University of sports)
Establishment ceremony of the WREA thailand chapter
(North Bangkok University) and souvenir Exchange
Souvenir exchange and Awards WREA appointment
Certificate to tian Ye, the chief of the china institute of sport Science
Establishment ceremony of the india chapter, the president of india chapter, professor behera(amravati university)
Establishment ceremony of the US chapter, the president of the north America and caribbean chapter, professor lamke(san deigo state university)
President zhongbingshu party secretary Li hong jiang of beijing capital university of physical education and sports where the MOU was signed with the WREA
MOU signing ceremony between the WREA and the Russian state university of Physical Education, sports, youth and tourism, president Bleer at 95th anniversary of the university
Ceremony for president of Russia chapter(seoul, Korea)
President of the north america and caribbean chapter, professor lamke(seoul, Korea)
Participating confernce of the russian state university of physical education, sports, youth, and tourism(moscow, russia)
Delegation of capital university of physical education and sports in beijing, including Li hong jiang, party secretary and WREA international Adviser visits to the WREA
Appointment of the president of the WREA Austria chapter
Appointment of the president of the WREA saudi Arabia chapter
Appointment of president of Pakistan chapter and signing Educational Project
Attending the World Leisure congress, WREA promotional Booth in mobile, Alabama(USA)
Minister of ministry of strategy and Finance, park jae wan’s special lecture for leadership quality in the WREA
Appointment Ceremony of the japan chapter president
Contract ceremony for educational Training projects for recreation Related Matters between the WREA and brazil
China Cuangxi Visit, Discussion for mutural cooperation
The WREA Delegation Inspects the 2015 WREA World Congress Venue-Beijing and Chengde
2015 WREA Congress & Beijing Forum
Appointment of the president of the WREA canada chapter
Appointment of the president of the WREA Malaysia Chapter
Appointment of the president of the WREA Australia Chapter
Appointment of the president of the WREA Macau Chapter
Appointment of the president of the WREA Indonesia Chapter
Appointment of the president of the WREA Taiwan Chapter
Appointment of the president of the WREA singapore Chapter
*According to Mutual Agreement Between the WREA and WREC.Co. since 2007
recreation education teaches qualities that everyone requires such as self-development, personal health maintenance, improvement of the quality of life, cultivating healthy emotions, and the pursuit of happiness.
Recreation’s qualities, that is developing potential, improving public speaking skills, boosting confidence, enhancing leadership, exercising humor and laughter, improving interpersonal relations, and improving social adaptability, may all be used for work or studies and contribute to improving the working ability to become experts in their fields
1) Instead of purely academic exchanges, introduce actual cases that are applicable to the recreation industry and hold exhibitions
2) Pursue qualitative improvements of studies and present development and research directions at the national level.
1) Mutually cooperate with the world’s best associations and groups to draw up strategies for mutual development
2) Each country should have prominent people interested in agreeing with the WREA goals to appoing them as president, experts and advisory professors.
3) Establish offices within each country to approve recreation education businesses in the countries.
1) To enable immediate viewing at once information regarding the world’s recreation build a web site, develop contents of the world’s leisure sports and recreation materials and supply them. This will save the cost of mutual visit exchanges and make it easy to obtain information (the WREA web site currently has information on traditional dances, games, and publications of about 50 countries and we ask for your coopertaion to consolidate more materials from more countries).
2) Build internet content to foster leisure and recreation leadership
3) The development of the IT industry, content production and good internet speed are necessary for the vitalization of internet education, but the IT industry in each country is rapidly growing that we are confident more countries will soon turn to hiph-speed internet education, as we plan to expand DVD education.
4) Online education has the advantage of allowing repeated studying anywhere, anytime and more are showing a prefernance this thye of education.
1）Exchanges of each country’s traditional games, dances and recreation, contribute to mutual understanding and respect and towards solving national and socio-cultural conflicts such as religious, polical, and racal conflicts.
2）Through recreation exchanges, share love and friendship, communicate and resolve conflicts to advance together.
3）Turn sorrow and pain into joy and hope to contribute to mutual understanding and friendships between countries and the world’s people and further, contribute to world peace and the prevention of regional conflicts and wars.
1) Foster competent global leaders in recreation education
Foster authentic global leaders in leisure sports and recreation in each country for the spread of healthy leisure sports and recreation to impreve work capability and the personal quality of life, and to further create a healthy and bright social culture.
To foster professional and competent leaders, launch evaluation committees in each country to educate and evaluate professionals and sholars in the related fields. The WREA Headquarters will issue certificates upon final evaluation
2) Non-profit organizations should provide good ideas for program deveopment with excellent professionals and contribute to the leisure sports and recreation industries by a mutually win-win strategy cooperating with profit-making educational associations with a record of excellent business accomplishments, finance, and business management. Thus, non-profit and profit-making organizations can contribute to economic development and job creation, and continuously arrange for financial funds to reach the main goals of recreational cativities and leisure sports.
3) Develop tools and educational programs for leisure, games, recreation and leisure sports to create jobs in the industry and contribute to the growth of the national and global economy.